A few committed Shia Muslim Brothers who are working individually both in this country andabroad, for the furtherance of the teaching of the Holy Quran and teachings of Ahlul Bayt (Peace be upon them), decided to join forces. The work they were already doing included:
- Financial contributions to various Hauza-e-Ilmiyyas towards building projects and helping with educational costs of students.
- Printing, procurement and distribution of thousands of Islamic books at heavily subsidised prices e.g. paperback books for only 99p
- Giving Islamic Books to libraries and Schools.
- Islamic Awareness lectures for students and teaching staff in Schools and Colleges.
- Forging links between community and other voluntary and statutory organisations.
- Promotion of unity and harmony between various Muslim groups.
- Bearing marriage costs of many poor mo'min and sadaat families.
- Suporting construction of Mosques and Imam Bargahs, Husseiniyyas.
In order to formalise their work the group decided to form and organisation under the charities commission law and named it Islamic Thought.
Aims and Objectives
- Increase Shia Islamic Awareness within Muslim and non-Muslim Communities.
- Publish and distribute books, booklets, newsletters and other materials to attract people towards Islam. These materials will be provided at heavily subsidised prices.
- Liaise with other organisations who are working to propagate Islam
- Make the public aware of hard work and achievements of Shia Scholars and Senior personalities. Promote close co-operation with other Religions through interfaith programmes.
- Provide access to Islamic teaching for local University, schools and colleges.
- Provide guidance for people interested in religious education and increase their knowledge through specific courses.
- Provide a forum for various Muslim organisations to liaise with each other.
- Promote Azadari and provide resources for people to gain benefit from Azadari as intended by Imam Hussein (A.S) and the Ahlul Bayt (Peace Be Upon Them)
- Create links between University students in the UK and students of Hauze-e-Ilmiyyas (Islamic Universities).
- Give investigative and comprehensive answers to objections directed at Shia Muslims.
- Organise religious and educational tours by linking up with experts in this field.
We are seeking help and co-operation from all Brothers and Sisters in various fields. If you are able to help in any way such as:
If you are able to help with any of the above objectives or have any other positive suggestions then, we will be delighted to hear from you. Those wishing to offer financial help can either deposit monies in the Trust bank account or send it directly to us.